Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Discussion About Intercultural Topics

The diversity of dialects within one language.

Maggie and I have talked about how dialects, accents and slang are various within one language. She shared with me her experience with Spanish Language spoken by people in Spain. she said that she has faced some confusing situation where one single word has two different connotation meaning depending on the diversity of dialects in Mexico and Spain. Therefore, she has been in some embarrassing situations. I also contributed to the discussion by referring to the same point in my first language (Arabic). I told Maggie that among Middle Eastern countries there are many dialects ad within one country there are several accents depending on the regions. I added that all of Ghadah, Asma, Aishah, Reem and I speak different accents because we are from different cities and regions in Saudi Arabia.

No comments:

Post a Comment